Nov 22, 2021
In today’s episode I’m joined by Ev’Yan Whitney—a sexuality doula, writer, facilitator, and sensualist.
- What led Ev’Yan to the work they are doing now—origins in purity culture, childhood sexual exploration, and their journey to sexual healing and liberation
- How the same messaging can be received in both a toxically sex positive household and in homes where sexuality isn’t explored and encouraged
- Unpacking asexuality as an identity and common pieces of misinformation
- What happens when you take away the pressure of what sexuality and sex ’should’ look and feel like
- Balancing different sexual wants, needs, and libidos in relationships
- How to be intimate with partners without sexual intercourse
- The importance of not saying yes to sex that you’d rather say no to
Today’s episode is brought to you by Sakara. For 20% off your first order of plant-based meals and wellness essentials, visit sakara.com/reality!
Upstart is the fast and easy way to pay off your debt with a personal loan–all online. Use code Reality at www.upstart.com
Get support today with the help of a licensed therapist online with Better Help. Visit www.betterhelp.com/recovering to speak with a licensed therapist about your mental health needs.
If you or someone you know needs addiction treatment please visit www.ororecovery.com
Follow Alexis (@itsalexishaines), join our Facebook group, and follow @recoveringfromreality on Instagram to stay up to date on all things RFR! You can also enroll in Alexis’ Life Reset Course at liferesetcourse.com to learn the exact, tools to recover from limiting and self- sabotaging beliefs, thoughts, emotions, feelings and behaviors and replace them with new ones that will set you up for the life you deserve and are fully capable of as you integrate the learnings and tools in your life.
Produced by Dear Media