Nov 8, 2021
In today’s episode I’m joined by Tara Bixby, LPC a therapist, activist, and anxiety coach working to change the mental health narrative.
- Tara’s journey from cosmetologist, to 911 dispatcher, to clinician in an all male prison, to an anxiety coach and therapist
- The prevalence of suicide in the United States and why we need to normalize mental health challenges
- How everyone is susceptible to mental health challenges
- The impact of the nervous system on our mental health
- Why it’s important to move away from identifying as your mental illness diagnosis
- The first steps you should take if you’re struggling with severe depression and suicidality
- Healing after a suicide attempt
This week’s episode is brought to you by Storyworth. Send your loved ones unique, thought-provoking questions to strengthen your relationships by going to storyworth.com/reality and save $10 on your first purchase.
This week’s episode is brought to yo buy Redeeming Love. Watch Redeeming Love in theaters on January 21st and learn more by heading to redeeminglovemovie.com.
If you or someone you know needs addiction treatment please visit www.ororecovery.com
Follow Alexis (@itsalexishaines), join our Facebook group, and follow @recoveringfromreality on Instagram to stay up to date on all things RFR! You can also enroll in Alexis’ Life Reset Course at liferesetcourse.com to learn the exact, tools to recover from limiting and self- sabotaging beliefs, thoughts, emotions, feelings and behaviors and replace them with new ones that will set you up for the life you deserve and are fully capable of as you integrate the learnings and tools in your life.
Produced by Dear Media