Nov 23, 2020
In today's episode, I am joined by Selin Esendagli who was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 23, during the COVID-19 lockdown.
We dive into the following topics…
- Navigating health anxiety before and after receiving a diagnosis
- The prevalence of breast cancer in the United States
- How Selin shifted her mindset from avoidance to facing her recovery head-on
- Moving on and coping with life after dramatic life changes and traumas
- Sitting in the discomfort of waiting for treatment results
- Finding virtual support via social media
- Experiencing cancer treatment during a pandemic
- Selin’s cancer treatment plan
- Body dysmorphia as a result of a breast cancer diagnosis
- The impact of a cancer diagnosis on a family system
Follow Alexis (@itsalexishaines), join our Facebook group, and follow @recoveringfromreality on Instagram to stay up to date on all things RFR! You can also enroll in Alexis’ Life Reset Course at liferesetcourse.com to learn the exact, tools to recover from limiting and self- sabotaging beliefs, thoughts, emotions, feelings and behaviors and replace them with new ones that will set you up for the life you deserve and are fully capable of as you integrate the learnings and tools in your life.
This episode is brought to you by Osea Malibu. Visit www.oseamalibu.com/recovering to receive $10 off your first purchase of $50 dollars or more. FREE shipping for orders in the US over $75
This episode is brought to you by Nurish. Nurish is convenient, monthly subscription that delivers personalized nutritional supplements you need to be at your best. Head to nurish.naturemade.com to start your subscription today!
This episode is brought to you by Himalaya Ashwagandha .For 20% off your first order of Himalaya Ashwagandha, use code “REALITY20” at checkout on amazon.com!
Produced by Dear Media