Sep 7, 2020
In today's episode, I am joined by Dr. Kyl Myers, a sociologist, award-winning educator, and a globally-recognized advocate for Gender Creative Parenting. Since 2016, Kyl has been speaking and writing about Gender Creative Parenting and using their own parenting story to help the world learn about and embrace a new type of childhood. Kyl is genderqueer, uses they/them and she/her pronouns, and lives in Salt Lake City, Utah. You can find Kyl’s musings and bite-size gender studies lessons on Instagram @kyl_myers (bio abbreviated from kylmyers.com)
In this episode, we dive into the following topics...
- Kyl’s experience identifying as queer in a heterosexual appearing marriage
- Kyl’s perspective as a gender-creative parent
- Alexis’ experience coming to terms with her bisexuality while in a heterosexual relationship
- how gender disparity affects all genders
- Sex (anatomical and physiological characteristics regarding sexual reproduction) vs. gender (identity and expression)
- Navigating parenting decision and gender identity with extended family members
- Gender terminology
Mentioned in this week's episode...
- Bethany Meyers’ Instagram @bethanycmeyers
- Ashlee Marie Preston’s Instagram @ashleemariepreston
- Raising Them: Our Adventure in Gender Creative Parenting by Kyl Myers
Follow Alexis (@itsalexishaines), join our Facebook group, and follow @recoveringfromreality on Instagram to stay up to date on all things RFR! You can also enroll in Alexis’ Life Reset Course at liferesetcourse.com to learn the exact, tools to recover from limiting and self- sabotaging beliefs, thoughts, emotions, feelings and behaviors and replace them with new ones that will set you up for the life you deserve and are fully capable of as you integrate the learnings and tools in your life.
Go to hellorory.com/reality to try out nightly defense and get a free doctor’s consultation and your order for just $5!
To enjoy refreshing, low-calorie drinks that support sobriety in America, go to cleancause.com and use code "REALITY" at checkout for 20% off your order.
Visit curednutrition.com and use code ALEXIS25 for 25% off your order today!
Produced by Dear Media